Medi-Cal Biller (6-months temporary)
WHO WE ARE:
Premier Healthcare Services is a leading provider of skilled in-home nursing care for patients. We are currently looking for a passionate, empathetic, motivated and COMMITTED individual to fill our Commercial Billers Position! Our success is largely based upon hiring ambitious team members who provide outstanding customer care.
Medi-Cal Biller will submit claims by paper or electronically to insurance carriers. Will follow up with Insurance carriers on unpaid or rejected claims. Resubmit any claims as needed. Appeals, may answer patient calls and inquiries on accounts and charges. Will report weekly to Billing Manager status of accounts. This role will be full-time temporary, with an estimated end date of December 2018.
WHAT PREMIER OFFERS:
- WEEKLY pay (competitive rate).
- BENEFITS: Medical, Dental, Vision, vacations/sick days, life insurance, and 401(k).
- Generous referral BONUSES.
- Make a difference in a child/adult's life.
- FUN, POSITIVE, and PROFESSIONAL work environment.
- Employee appreciation events & employee recognition awards.
- Weekly core values meeting, regular paid trainings & orientations.
- Monthly and quarterly office outings, and an annual company-wide beach party.
MEDI-CAL BILLER RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Submit insurance claims through clearinghouse or individual insurance companies electronically or via paper.
- Follow up with insurance companies on unpaid or rejected claims.
- Handle collections on unpaid accounts.
- Resolve the issues and resubmit claims.
- May at times perform collections for past due accounts.
- May prepare appeal letters to insurance companies when not in agreement with denials along with necessary information.
- May prepare secondary claims for patients with more than one insurance.
- May at times perform “soft” collections for past due accounts.
- Answer patient calls and inquiries on accounts and charges.
- Report status of accounts on a weekly basis to Billing Manager, as well as keep the Billing Manager informed as needed to upcoming issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
MEDI-CAL BILLER QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2+ years of Medi-cal Insurance Billing in a medical office setting.
- High School Diploma or GED Required; Some college preferred.
- Knowledge of Medical Insurance reimbursement processes.
- Basic understanding of ICD 9; ICD 10 diagnoses and CPT medical codes.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Good knowledge of Medical Insurance reimbursement process.
- Familiarity with HIPPA regulations and privacy requirements for patient information.
- Detail oriented and ability to prioritize work.
- Familiarity with billing software.
- Home Healthcare billing experience a PLUS.
- Ability to effectively elicit/provide information to and from appropriate individuals (including, but not limited to, supervisors, co-workers, clients) via strong communication skills required.
- Ability to multi-task effectively under stress, prioritize and meet deadlines with strong attention to detail.
If you feel that you are a match for our Medi-Cal Biller opening we welcome you to submit your resume.
Premier Healthcare Services is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as all other protected groups.